On 6th May, 2017 HUISA organized Hanami party for International and Japanese students of Hokkaido University at Moerenuma Park. Moerenuma Park is a municipal park located in Higashi-ku, Sapporo, Japan. The park has fascinating playground equipment, outdoor sports fields, and objects. Despite rain and chilling weather, the participants enjoyed the activities of the day. Continue reading
As a country rich in culture, it is a common Japanese tradition to celebrate the artistic achievements of its people through Bunkasai, also known as Cultural Festival. Keeping this tradition at hand, HUISA wants to invite you to this year’s HUISA Culture Festival 2016. Let us promote the diversity and friendship among different cultures!
We are inviting solo/group performers for this years event. Showcase your country’s culture through different performances. Do not miss the opportunity to witness a night filled with rich and colorful music.
The three most entertaning performaces will be awarded with exciting prizes. Gift pack will also be given to luck audiences.
The event will be held at Furate Hall on Dember 10 from 17;00 to 20:00.
If you are interested to join, please register here.
This event is brough to you by Sapporo Lions Club and KDDI Corporation.
Hokkaido’s cool summer is very inviting and is much awaited by locals and tourists alike because it opens up opportunities to see and experience nature’s expansive and serene beauty that are uniquely Hokkaido.
This year, HUISA ExCom invites all the members and friends of HUISA to join us in a summer trip! Together, let us immerse ourselves in the beauty and majesty of Hokkaido’s nature and culture!
Learn how the rich, peaty, and masculine malt Nikka Whisky is made…
Explore and be in awe of the wonders of the universe in Yoichi Space Museum…
…and see the marvelous beauty of Shakotan Peninsula!
Enjoy the summer season and travel with the International Student community on July 09, 2016!
Please register at http://goo.gl/Psx4Jk.
Application deadline: June 22, 2016 (Wednesday)
Registration fee: 2,500 Yen
Payment dates and venue: June 21 and June 23; OIA lobby, 12:00-13:00
After a year of hard work, the Executive Committee members of HUISA steps down for a new set of officers to take on the challenge to lead the international student community of the Hokkaido University, Sapporo. During the General Assembly on April 8, 2016 at 3F Clark Memorial Hall, new set officers shall be elected and we announce herein the positions that are open for a bid for candidacy as well as their respective responsibilities.
- Vice President
- Shall assume the duties of the President in the absence of or inability of the former to serve; and,
- Shall perform other duties which may be assigned by the president or the Executive Board.
- General Secretary
- Shall record and keep the minutes of all meetings (including attendance) of the association and of the Executive Board in English;
- Shall notify members of the agenda as well as time, date, and place of meeting;
- Shall maintain a list of active membership of the association; and,
- Shall prepare election materials for all elections.
- Shall handle the finances of the HUISA in accordance with the approved budget, and as authorized by the association;
- Shall receive all monies of the association, maintain the association account in a reputable financial institution, and be joint signatory with the President for the association cheques;
- Shall maintain an accurate record of the association receipts and expenses and payout funds in accordance with the approved budget and as authorized by the association;
- Shall present a financial statement at every general meeting and at other times when requested by the Executive Board.
- Vice Secretary
- Shall assist the General Secretary in keeping all records of the organization;
- Shall assume the responsibilities of the General Secretary in his/her absence; and,
- Shall partner with the Translator (Japanese) in drafting documents necessary for accomplishing the objectives of the organization
- Secretary for Social Welfare and Culture
- Shall assist new students in during their initial settlement in Sapporo thru partnership with the Student Support Desk of the University, especially by assisting in drafting and dissemination of updated primers for both Hokkaido University and life in Sapporo;
- Shall organize cultural activities, social gatherings and parties to promote harmony and cohesion among international students as well as with Japanese students; and,
- Shall sit on all committees related to this portfolio.
- Secretary for Sports and Recreation
- Shall organize and arrange sports and recreational programs to promote health and wellness among its members; and,
- Sit on all committees related to this portfolio
- Shall be an international student who is proficient in the Japanese language and shall sit with the Executive Committee members as an interpreter during transactions with University officials as well as other stakeholders; and,
- Shall partner with the Translator for the efficient flow of communication between HUISA (its Executive Committee) and other stakeholders.
- Translator (Japanese Student)
- Shall be a current undergraduate/graduate Japanese student of the Hokkaido University proficient in written and oral English communication;
- Shall assist the committee members as an English-Japanese translator especially of official communications and documents relevant to HUISA activities; and,
- Shall partner with other committee members, particularly the Vice Secretary, Public Relations Officer, and Web Administrator, in drafting official documents and/or promotional materials for mass communication of HUISA activities.
- Public Relations Officer
- Shall maintain the communication with university authority and other organizations within and outside of the Hokkaido University;
- Shall actively promote HUISA activities, both in print and social media; and,
- Shall lead the working partnership with the Translator and Web Administrator in drafting materials for information dissemination, promotions, and campaigns relevant to HUISA activities.
- Web Administrator
- Shall maintain and keep both the group mail and HUISA website active; and,
- Shall partner with the Translator and Public Relations Officer in drafting materials for mass communication, particularly those that will be posted in the website.
Note that all current international students are eligible to run for any position.
Students who are interested to run for a specific position must send their bid for candicacy by sending an email to the HUISA (email@example.com) with the following details:
- Email subject line should read: [Position] Candidacy — [Full Name]
- Accomplished HUISA ExCom Nomination Form 2016-2017
Deadline for submission of Nomination Form is on April 7, 2016 at 23:59.
With the surge of new international students and as the continuing students gear up for (more) course and lab works in the upcoming Spring semester, the Executive Committee of HUISA calls all international students for a General Assembly.
The General Assembly will be held on April 8 (Friday), from 18:00~ at the Clark Memorial Hall. The main agenda include Election of New Executive Committee members as well as international students’ participation to the International Food Festival (IFF) during the annual HOKUDAISAI (北大祭).
IMPORTANT: All international student organizations who are interested to participate to the IFF are required to attend this meeting and the succeeding meetings towards HOKUDAISAI. HUISA ExCom requires at least two representatives from each student organization.
The Hokkaido University International Students’ Association (HUISA), in cooperation with the Odori Lions Club─Sapporo, is inviting all international students to participate to this year’s annual international cultural event, the BUNKASAI 2015.
We enjoin all organizations of students from different countries to take this opportunity to present your culture to the Hokkaido University and Sapporo City community. Cultural presentations may be done in various ways including group singing, dancing, and mini-drama!
This year, we’re pumping up the event by awarding the three best participants with cash prizes and tokens! 🙂
For details, please see poster below.