As a new academic year is about to start, the Executive Committee members of HUISA steps down for a new set of officers to lead the international student community of Hokkaido University. This April 8, 2017 at 3F Clark Memorial Hall, new set officers shall be elected.
The positions that are open for a bid for candidacy, as well as their respective responsibilities, are as follows
- Vice President
- Shall assume the duties of the President in the absence of or inability of the former to serve; and,
- Shall perform other duties which may be assigned by the president or the Executive Board.
- General Secretary
- Shall record and keep the minutes of all meetings (including attendance) of the association and of the Executive Board in English;
- Shall notify members of the agenda as well as time, date, and place of meeting;
- Shall maintain a list of active membership of the association; and,
- Shall prepare election materials for all elections.
- Shall handle the finances of the HUISA in accordance with the approved budget, and as authorized by the association;
- Shall receive all monies of the association, maintain the association account in a reputable financial institution, and be joint signatory with the President for the association cheques;
- Shall maintain an accurate record of the association receipts and expenses and payout funds in accordance with the approved budget and as authorized by the association;
- Shall present a financial statement at every general meeting and at other times when requested by the Executive Board.
- Vice Secretary
- Shall assist the General Secretary in keeping all records of the organization;
- Shall assume the responsibilities of the General Secretary in his/her absence; and,
- Shall partner with the Translator (Japanese) in drafting documents necessary for accomplishing the objectives of the organization
- Secretary for Social Welfare and Culture
- Shall assist new students in during their initial settlement in Sapporo thru partnership with the Student Support Desk of the University, especially by assisting in drafting and dissemination of updated primers for both Hokkaido University and life in Sapporo;
- Shall organize cultural activities, social gatherings and parties to promote harmony and cohesion among international students as well as with Japanese students; and,
- Shall sit on all committees related to this portfolio.
- Secretary for Sports and Recreation
- Shall organize and arrange sports and recreational programs to promote health and wellness among its members; and,
- Sit on all committees related to this portfolio
- Shall be an international student who is proficient in the Japanese language and shall sit with the Executive Committee members as an interpreter during transactions with University officials as well as other stakeholders; and,
- Shall partner with the Translator for the efficient flow of communication between HUISA (its Executive Committee) and other stakeholders.
- Translator (Japanese Student)
- Shall be a current undergraduate/graduate Japanese student of the Hokkaido University proficient in written and oral English communication;
- Shall assist the committee members as an English-Japanese translator especially of official communications and documents relevant to HUISA activities; and,
- Shall partner with other committee members, particularly the Vice Secretary, Public Relations Officer, and Web Administrator, in drafting official documents and/or promotional materials for mass communication of HUISA activities.
- Public Relations Officer
- Shall maintain the communication with university authority and other organizations within and outside of the Hokkaido University;
- Shall actively promote HUISA activities, both in print and social media; and,
- Shall lead the working partnership with the Translator and Web Administrator in drafting materials for information dissemination, promotions, and campaigns relevant to HUISA activities.
- Web Administrator
- Shall maintain and keep both the group mail and HUISA website active; and,
- Shall partner with the Translator and Public Relations Officer in drafting materials for mass communication, particularly those that will be posted in the website.
Note that all current international students are eligible to run for any position.
Students who are interested to run for a specific position must send their bid for candidacy by sending an email to the HUISA (email@example.com) with the following details:
- Email subject line should read: [Position] Candidacy — [Full Name]
- Accomplished HUISA ExCom Nomination Form 2017-2018.
Deadline for submission of Nomination Form is on April 05, 2017 at 23:59.